Summer’s here and it’s time for company picnics! It’s easy to plan a fabulous one; here are a few suggestions:
• If you are in charge for the first time, and the picnic is an annual affair, check to see which aspects are an annual tradition and which areas are ripe for fresh new ideas.
• A theme creates specialness and naturally focuses planning choices, from the menu to the activities. For example, a Carnival theme calls for popcorn, cotton candy, hot dogs, and such fare.
• Fun activities for all ages are a must. For children, face painting, arts and crafts, a bubble station, and a clown sculpting balloons are always fun.
• For teens and adults: a henna or temporary tattoo parlor, caricatures, name painting, strolling magic, a hip DJ. With the Carnival theme, booths with carnival games and prizes are de rigueur.
• Group games are a picnic staple, whether it’s volleyball or softball, or a series of games for all different ages organized by an enthusiastic and well-prepared Gamesmaster.
• Decorations can be simple – checkered tablecloths and a few balloon bouquets – to elaborate, depending on your vision.
• Don’t forget the sunscreen – and have a great time!